I love the internet! It never ceases to amaze me that so many people seem to have nothing better to do than to write blog posts or make videos that answer my questions and teach me what I need to know to be able to proceed with something new or confusing to me! It's just amazing! And not only do they do it, but they do it for free (to me)! Yes, I know some of them get some money through advertising, and some use the little free tutorials or samples as advertising to sell you something bigger later. But wow! It's just amazing just how much you can learn for free on the internet!
Tonite, I was trying to understand some confusing instructions (to me) in the pattern I bought to try to make the little ones some jammies. I just wasn't able to understand what they were talking about when you're supposed to attach the bias tape to the neckline. I read it over and over, and tried to understand, and it just wasn't making sense to me. But a quick search online and, lo and behold, there are some fabulous tutorials for applying single fold bias tape to a neckline! And after studying the first tutorial, it all became clear! Here's the link where the lightbulb went on for me:
http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/single-fold-bias-tape-neckline
And here's another link with a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkacizsdTkk
I also looked up tutorials on stay stitching and under stitching. Tomorrow, I'm going to study up online how to layout pattern pieces and use tracing paper and a tracing wheel to transfer the pattern pieces I need to the fabric I have for the jammies. Once I understand that, I'm gonna try to get to work on sewing the first set of jammies. The rest of the pattern instructions make sense, except that the instructions for attaching the sleeves seems to be, well, absent. But I bet I can find something online that will help me figure out any special tricks I'll need to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment