Sunday, March 24, 2013

What have I been up to?

I haven't gotten any sewing done since I finished the jammies, but I have been doing some sewing-related things.  For starters, there was a sale on McCall's and Simplicity patterns for $.99 each, so I took advantage of that.  I picked up a few patterns for Iago with little girl's tops & bottoms for play clothes plus a couple that were for dresses.  Sly picked out a vest pattern and a satchel pattern.  I grabbed a couple more jammie patterns (for little people and for big people).  I tried to get a pattern for shirts and shorts for boys but they were out.  Oh well.

Later I went back to the store and picked out some fabric for a shirt and shorts for Iago.  Unfortunately, after washing/pre-shrinking the fabric and then squaring it, I was a bit short of fabric.  Today I used a coupon to go back and get the bit more of fabric that I needed, plus I picked up some remnants that I can make into either tops or shorts for one of the little ones.  All in all, I spent $16 and saved $24, so that was a good deal.

Now I just gotta find some time to start sewing again.  However, it probably won't be until after Easter. This week I want to try to finish Iago's sweater I'm knitting if at all possible and there are many outside events on the schedule between now and Easter.  I also have a bit more work to do in the garden.  But, once those things are taken care of, I can get back to knitting.  And an added bonus--my Mother In Law will be here in a couple weeks and can maybe teach me a thing or two!  Way cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment